Uganda – NHRI
CHAPTER FOUR: STRATEGIES AND INTERVENTIONS STRATEGIES
OBJECTIVE 2: To promote human rights compliance and accountability by business actors
2.2.1 Promoting compliance to human rights observance
ii. Supporting the UHRC (Uganda Human Rights Commission), EOC (Equal Opportunities Commission), and other relevant government institutions in their engagements with businesses.
CHAPTER 5: INSTITUTIONAL FRAMEWORK
5.3 Uganda Human Rights Commission
- Promoting and disseminating the national action plan.
- Monitor human rights compliance by government and companies in business operations.
- Advise government and businesses on matters of human rights observance.
- Conduct human rights education and awareness to business operators and communities.
- Receive, investigate and adjudicate cases of human rights violations in business operations.
- Enforce compensations for the awards of human rights violations.
- Conduct research and documentation on business and human rights.
- Review and inform laws and policies on matters of business and human rights.
- Enforce human rights compliance in line with international human rights standards.