CHAPTER FOUR: STRATEGIES AND INTERVENTIONS
OBJECTIVE 4: To promote social inclusion and rights of the vulnerable and marginalized individuals and groups in business operations.
4.4.2 Engagement of business operators on human rights
Require human rights due diligence by businesses through comprehensive human rights impact assessments involving meaningful consultation with potentially affected groups, including consideration of gendered impacts of operations and covering value and supply chains.
- Promote responsible sourcing practices and certification.
- Mobilize and build capacity of selected business operators as human rights in business change agents.
- Ensure the establishment and strengthening of gender and equity-responsive internal grievance redress mechanisms in business operations.
- Ensure business actors adopt and implement human rights policies.
- Encourage business operators to register as members of the UN Global Compact.