South Korea – Public Procurement
C. Current Status
1. Domestic Status [page 3]
- Revision of 「Procurement Business Act」 and addition of an article promoting corporate social responsibility on January 2016.
* Article 3-2 (Encouraging Social Responsibility)
The administrator of the Public Procurement Service may reflect social and environmental values such as environment, human rights, labor, employment, fair trade, and consumer protection in the procurement process to encourage corporate social responsibility.
2. Implementation of the Second NAP [page 4]
- Promotion of social responsibility, including respect for human rights in managerial activities
– Revision of 「Procurement Business Act」 and addition of an article promoting corporate social responsibility on January 2016.
D. Tasks for the Third NAP
Institutionalization of Human Rights Management
3. Public procurement considering social responsibility [page 5]
- Revise related institutions and bylaws with newly organized clause in 「Government Procurement Act」 which promotes social responsibility.
- Highly recommend to apply the guidelines which reflects the corporate social responsibility
– Give additional credit points to companies which are ‘female·disabled friendly companies’ and which offer work-learning dual program following the guidelines of qualification examination on goods purchase(Public Procurement Guidelines).
– Give additional 10% point on management condition mark when female·disabled friendly companies or social enterprises record construction ratio over 30% according to detailed guidelines of qualification examination on facility construction(Public Procurement guidelines).